Pinterest

Friday, October 9, 2015

It's so noisy at the fair, but all your friends are there.


Fields used: Gravity and vortex
Constraints: Hinge and spring
Textures and diamond/gold model by me
Environment by the VEF1 staff
Song is Sugar Mountain by Neil Young.
There are about 7 or more invisible walls holding this together, but I tried to follow the story of Sugar Mountain's arc in JoJo so it was fun. The shaders were Toon shaders so that I could emulate a Cel Shaded comic style. Almost nothing was faked, lots of active and passive keys kept things held up, but the ball in the cup at the end was hand animated to roll out of the cup. It was simulated after falling out, and the vortex around the roulette bounced the ball around. My favorite part of the simulation is the money falling into the "Chip converter" so they could bet all 30 million on Black. In the planning stages I was going to make a huge amount of references to all the chapters but I needed to turn something in. I apologize if it seems a little confusing to follow, but it's made to just glaze over the story and give reason to the simulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment