Pinterest

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Month 1 Final

(You can find the pictures and such here as well: Leather Camera Bag)

(If you forgot what this looked like back in Month 0, look over here!)

My teachers always told me that simple is better, and really this proved it to me. My most popular final by a landslide, here is a small camera bag that I found online:

Sketchfab:

In terms of the amount of work put in, I guess this might seem like I did the most here with the insides and zippers there, but honestly I think the Mateba was a lot more actual hours. That's why you do simple things, a little work goes a long way with them whereas a more complicated piece will take 5x the hours to look just as good! I'm a believer but I don't listen well, I need to experience it myself. Enough rambling though, here are some pictures.


Make sure to click on these or RMB+View Image or whatever to see them in their full size.


This was simple, and I liked it, and people liked it and yadda yadda yadda. Maybe I should do some more small props like this, could be funner than working hard. I don't really have any thoughts to share on this one, the process was fairly simple so I'll go over it really quick.

This is my general workflow for organics at the moment:
Maya Base Mesh and placement
--> Zbrush the main parts that need it, pushing and pulling it as it needs to be pushed and pulled
--> Back into Maya for remeshing, which is thankfully very easy since I can export the base mesh I made in Maya that has all the Zbrush work done on it
--> Staying in Maya where I remesh anything that needs to be done manually
--> Substance Painter/Designer for the materials

Originally the sewing pattern was done in Zbrush because lolhighpoly but I was advised to do it in Substance Painter instead which worked out a lot better once I got it configured correctly. The sculpting work on this was actually really simple, just a little stressing and masking + pushing and pulling. The majority of the work on this was done in Maya, the base mesh having pretty much everything except a lot of polys. Although the workflow is pretty straight forward, I actually jump back and forth a lot between each step, tweaking and adding things as they come up. Through out all 3 months I always told myself I need to make sure I'm seeing potential problems immediately but sometimes it's impossible when you have a deadline sitting on your back and tunnel vision guiding you along. That's all for this, lets move on to Month 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment